Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Happy Endings & New Beginnings Tag


Greetings Earthlings and welcome to Beauty Land!

So I've been seeing a few bloggers doing this tag and it looked like it would be fun to try! Elena at BeautyMagicBox was the first person I saw do this tag, and Alice from Alice'sBeautyMadness was the first to translate the questions into English!


1) What was the best product of 2015?

That is SUCH a hard question for me to answer... I'm gonna have to go with my Lorac Mega Pro 2. It's GORGEOUS and so versatile! I have a "4 Looks, 1 Palette" video using this palette.. I'm also going to cheat and say that my "most used" product would be my Hard Candy Glamoflage Concealer. It is SO incredibly full coverage I can't even believe it!! If you haven't tried it, you should!

2) What product was the biggest fail in 2015?

The biggest fail for me was almost as hard to come up with... It's either my Hard Candy Glamoflage Foundation, because it looks TERRIBLE on the skin (though I do LOVE to mix it in with other foundations), OR my Urban Decay "Deslick" setting spray. I got the sample size from Ulta for $15 and I do not think it does ANYTHING to reduce oilyness.. Am I using it wrong, perhaps? If you can tell me how you use it to get it to work, let me know!

3) What Challenge did you over come in 2015?

I decided to take on cream contouring... I don't think I've mastered it, by any means, but I'm not as afraid of it as I used to be...

4) What was the best discovery of 2015?

My Glamoflage Concealer! I can't say enough good things about it!


5) What product were you hoping Santa would bring you?

The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit palette..... Sigh....

Get it here... I'll live vicariously through you... 

6) What product will you absolutely buy in 2016?

The Tartelette in Bloom palette, more ColourPop anyghing and some Kat VonD Products.

I have severe envy every time I see a tutorial with this palette.. YOU WILL BE MINE!!!

7) What product will you absolutely NOT buy in 2016?

Anything Younique or from any other MLM. Sorry if you sell it, but I won't buy it..

8) What is your makeup challenge for 2016?

I'm going to be focusing on cream contouring still.. But I'd also like to get to the point where I can do my makeup in under 10 minutes... I'm an all or nothing kinda girl when it comes to makeup... I either go bare or full on glam 10 layers of foundation, etc.. In my defense, I have pretty bad acne, and if I'm going to wear makeup, I like to make sure I'm pretty well covered and concealed...


9) What are your beauty resolutions for 2016?

I want to get more comfortable experimenting, especially on other faces.. I'd also like to get over my fears, and actually start freelancing, rather than just dreaming about doing it....


10) What colors will you use more in 2016?

ALL colors! I used to wear more color than neutrals, but then I got really into neutrals and color went on the back burner.. I want to bring color back...