Friday, January 15, 2016

2015 Favorite Products

Greetings Earthlings!!


As usual, I'm a little behind on this post. I wasn't even going to write this post because I didn't try too many new products last year, to be able to compare and determine which were the best. So what I decided to do was talk about the products that were actually my favorites this year... Whether they were new releases/new to me, or tried and true.

So without further adieu, my favorite products of 2015, in no particular order.


Face:

Facorite Foundation Combo - Maybelline Matte + Poreless and Hard Candy Glamoflage Foundation:

I don't really care for the Glamoflage foundation on its ow, but mixed into other foundations it does really well!! It gives the Maybelline foundation that added boost of coverage, and a little extra longevity!

Revlon Colorstay Foundation:

This is probably my holy grail foundation! I just LOVE it!! It does a FABULOUS job of staying put on my oily skin! I really can't say enough good things about this foundation!

Glamoflage Concealer:

I LOVE this concealer from the drug store!! It is seriously full coverage!! If you've never tried it, you need to!! It's really thick and so pigmented! Because it is so thick I do like to mix it with the next product...

CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer:

This is a great light coverage concealer! Some days I wear it alone, and some days I'll mix it in with my Hard Candy concealer, depending on the amount of coverage I'm after that day.

NYX 3C Concealer Palette:

These creams are REALLY thick, and can be hard to work with if you are used to thinner products. But, they give a really nice coverage and I like that they threw in the deeper shade for contouring! I also think that the contour shade, in the light palette, is actually a good contour shade for us pale girls! (Side note, it reminds me of the color of milk chocolate, so now I really want chocolate..)

Kryolan Professional Translucent Powder mixed with Coty Air Spun Translucent Extra Coverage:

This is a combination that I discovered right at the tail end of 2015, so it almost feels like cheeting, but I thought I'd give it a mention. I like to bake my under eye concealer, but the Kryolan was too chalky and the Coty Airspun was too dark, so I got it in my head to mix the two and I've never looked back!

The Manizer Sisters Palette:

I died when this came out, and then I died again when I actually found it in my local Khols!! I adore this palette so much! I use Mary-Lou and Cindy-Lou the most, but Betty is a nice bronzer (when used very sparingly on me...) and an awesome eyeshadow!

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Glow Palette:

I have used and abused this palette... The highlight shades are incredible and so under rated, and the deeper shades create a nice glowy bronzer or eye look.. I'm telling you, this is one of the best highlighters I've ever tried... But then again, I haven't tried too many...


Eyes:

Wet 'N Wild Take On The Day Primer:

If you have oily lids and are on a budget, this is the primer for you! No joke this stuff is legit! I have the Urban Decay Primer Potion and the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer, and the Wet 'N Wild one compares to the Lorac primer.

Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes Palette:

This reminds me SO much of the Naked Basics Palettes by Urban Decay, which I do not own... I got this palette right around the same time that the original Tartelette palette came out, and the only reason this is in my favorites and the Tartelette isn't is because I used the Revolution palette more, because if I use it up, I can justify the $7 to re purchase it..

ColourPop Super Shock Shadows:

Do I really need to say anything about ColouPop? No, but I will! I don't know what kind of Witchcraft is in these shadows, but I'm so glad I don't have to go to Diagon Alley to get my hands on these little pots of wonder! (As I'm typing this I am deep in the midst of a Harry Potter marathon... RIP Allen Rickmen.....)

Lorac Mega Pro 2:

The Lorac Pro formulation is my favorite formula of eyeshadows! They are so buttery and pigmented, its insane!!! They do kick up a lot of powder and can cause some fall out, but fall out is to be expected with high pigment shadows, so it doesn't really bother me.. (I also really like her limited edition palettes as well, though many people don't seem to....)

Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Volume Express Mascara:

This has been my most used mascara of the year, it's getting pretty nasty and I probably will repurchase it. It's not holy grail or anything though, so if you have any suggestions of your favorite drugstore mascaras, let me know!

Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner:

This is the BLACKEST gel eyeliner I've ever tried. It's also the easiest to work with. I've tried the Wet 'N Wild one, and its far too thick and difficult to work with... The Maybelline one is creamy and rich and back as my soul! Hahaha!!


Lips:

NYX Liquid Suedes: 

I'm not one for the super drying matte lip products, but I do like me some matte lips, so these have been so awesome as I don't find them to be too drying.. Don't get me wrong, you don't want to try to wear them if you are having a chapped lip day, and you definitely want to exfoliate before you put one of these on, but they never fully "set" on the lips. They stay a little "tacky" for lack of a better word, but they are not sticky or uncomfortable. You can blot the "tacky" feeling away if you choose, just like with any other lipstick, that is going to help prolong the wear of the product, but also make them a little more drying..

Ulta Matte Lip Cream:

These are similar to the NYX Lip Suedes because they have very similar, moussey textures. They both also take some time to become matte, and neither of them fully set, like many matte liquid lipsticks out there. This also allows them to be less drying. again, as with the NYX ones, they still do dry your lips out a little, just not as bad as other brands. They have a decent shade selection, though there could always be more ;).

Millani Anti-Feathering Lip Liner:

This has SAVED MY LIFE on more than one occasion!!! I use it with some of the products mentioned below.... Turned them from fail to favorites!!

Rimmel Show Off Lip Laquer:

These were almost a fail for me... When I first tried them I loved the pigmentation and the longevity, but quickly became upset with them because they feathered really badly on me... If it hadn't been for the Milani Anti-Feathering lip liner, I probably would have given up on these.... But I didn't and they are now my favorites because they feel so good, and last so well on the lips!

Rimmel Show Off Lip Velvet:

These are similar to the NYX Liquid Suedes. They have different textures and the Rimmel Velvets set to be a true matte, but as far as lasting power and comfort level, they are very close. My only complaint with these and the Lip Laquers is the shade selection... They don't have too much variety in the shades they offer...

The Body Shop Lip Butter:

This is one of my favorite lip moisturizers! I feel it actually moisturizing, not just sitting on my lips making them slippery.. This is something I keep in the center drawer of my vanity and use it to prep my lips before I apply my lipstick. You do want to remove it before applying any other lip product, but when you remove the excess, you still feel moisturized.

Alright, that is all the favorites I have from 2015. What were your favorite products last year? What did you find yourself using the most?

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful day, and if someone hasn't already told you, you are beautiful!!!