Wednesday, November 18, 2015

My Top 10 Favorite Beauty Gurus



Greetings Earthlings!

So as you can tell by the title of this post, I'm bringing you a list of my top 10 favorite Beauty Gurus!
This list is in NO particular order, I couldn't rank them if I tried!  

1. Cora also known as VintageOrTacky:

Her Channel
Why I love her; She's a confident plus size beauty with insane makeup skills. She knows her way around a slightly hooded eye, and comes up with some beautiful, flattering looks for those of us who have less crease than most. I've been following her for years and she never ceases to amaze me! 

2. Marlena of Makeup Geek:

Her Channel
Why I love her; She was the very first Beauty Guru I discovered, way back in 2009. I googled "How to make small eyes look bigger" and this video came up. Marlena truly changed my life! I know that sounds dramatic, but I never would have gone to esthetics school if it hadn't been for finding that video.

3. Shaaanxo:

Her Channel
Why I love her; Shannon is amazing with makeup! She's sweet, kind and genuine. She can create a KILLER dramatic clubbing look, and slays everyday makeup looks! I never watch a Shaaanxo video and not come away with some kind of inspiration!!

4. Emily at BeautyBroadcast.net

Her Channel
Why I love her: She represents the "Every Woman" in this world of professional makeup artists. I truly trust and value her opinion when it comes to products, whether I agree with them or not, I know she's just being honest. I always look forward to the Emily Awards every year. 

5. Wayne Goss:

His Channel
Why I love him; He's a frikkin genius!!! No joke, just go watch some of his tutorials... He's constantly BLOWING MY MIND, especially when it comes to makeup for hooded eyes!! 

6. Laura Vitale:

Her Channel
Why I love her; First of all, I'm a HUGE Laura In The Kitchen fan, so when she decided to branch out and start a beauty channel, I was so happy!! Laura is another "Every Woman" in that she only does "natural" or "wearable" looks. I really trust Laura's opinion when it comes to products she loves/hates, again, even though we have vastly different skin types. Sometimes if she hates something, I'll try it just to see if it works with oily skin, and vise versa.

7. McKenzie Mann:

Her Channel
Why I love her; It seems we have very similar skin types, so I'm very willing to try something if she likes it. On top of that, she is an amazing artist!! Just take a look at some of her Halloween looks from this year... This one or this one or this one. She is incredible!!!

8. Chrispy:

Her Channel
Why I love her; She is another amazing artist!!! Not all of her looks are what I would call "wearable" but thats fine because I'm always inspired to try something new after watching her! And don't get me started on her liner skills.... 

9. Nikki Tutorials:

Her Channel
Why I love her; She's incredible!! Her knowledge and skill is mind blowing!!! Whether you are looking for an every day look or you're feeling like getting your Drag on, Nikki has it all on her channel!

10. Kasey (AKA StillGlamorus):

Her Channel
Why I love her; I feel like a lot of people are going to disagree with me on this one, but I don't really care. Kasey does a lot of sponsored videos, and I personally have absolutely no problem with that, After all, isn't that every YouTuber or Blogger's goal? If you truly stand behind the products or think that they are genuinely useful, why not make a little money talking about them? That being said, I love her style, her confidence and her honesty. There's no denying, she's drop dead gorgeous, and she knows her way around some makeup!  

I follow a TON of Beauty YouTubers and Bloggers, so this it just the tip of the iceberg. I really had to sit down and think "who's videos are the first I watch when I see them in my feed?" This list was so hard for me to come up with, I originally had 20!!! Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this post, it was fun to challenge myself to pick my "Ride or Die" Gurus!

Have a BEAUTYfull day!!!